Thursday 4 December 2014

CV Update

I had to update my CV last month after being made redundant from my previous job. As I got the job after impressing them during my placement year while at University, my most recent CV was from the middle of my second year at University, essentially necessitating a rewrite. What I would have had on it previously (my GCSEs and A-Levels) has now been reduced to two lines as the rest of my professional career is taking up the rest of the space. 

The CV is an interesting document to think about, as there are multiple different possible audiences for it to take into consideration - I've only applied for jobs with a digital version, but it could later be printed out and read as a hard copy. One change I made to possibly account for that is using a capital "L" in my email address as it can be hard to tell apart a lower-case l and an upper-case I in certain fonts. It doesn't matter if it is being copied and pasted, put does if it is being typed in from a printed copy (my LinkedIn URL has the same upper-case L for the same reason). 

Thankfully I've had some help putting it together (mainly making sure I've not missed anything important, or not put in any silly mistakes), both professionally and from family and friends. I'd like to think it has turned out quite well

No comments:

Post a Comment