Friday, 24 May 2013

Relative size

(Found this in a draft folder from last month, posting it now as I hadn't then apparently)

Thinking about it, I should find it odd that I think two opposite things at the same time, but it makes sense to me.

Whenever me and Liz talk about Kaleb's size, I think he is both big and small. It's all relative to various factors though. Compared to other children his age, he is quite tall, and compared to when he was a newborn, he has grown a lot.

However, when he's sitting on the floor, especially if I'm standing up, he looks so small (and when he's crawling across the floor I wonder where he stores all that energy).

One minute I can see him clapping his little hands with his tiny fingers, and the next I'll be wondering how long it's been since he could reach the top of the table...