Thursday 12 May 2011

(Probably) last Besieged First picks

Its unlikely I'll be drafting the Scars of Mirrodin block using Mirrodin Besieged set as the first pack again, but I got two packs from the draft last night as prizes, so thought I may as well. 

Pack 1:
Notable cards: Neurok Commander, Divine Offering (foil), Phyrexian Juggernaut, White Sun's Zenith. 


The Diving Offering is nice, but the Juggernaut and Zenith are a lot better in my opinion. The upside of the Juggernaut is that it can go in any deck, awesome in infect, and can potentially poison an opponent on its own in a non-infect deck. Looking at White Sun's Zenith, the downside is that it is not something to splash and forces you to seriously think about sticking with white only. The upside is that it is freaking awesome. Could go either way really, I'd like the Zenith, but would probably go with the Juggernaut, mainly because I like playing infect. 


Pack 2:
Notable cards: Leonin Skyhunter, Kuldotha Ringleader, Lead the Stampede, Rot Wolf, Phyrexian Rager, Viridian Corrupter, Bonehoard. 


This is quite a strong pack really. I liked Lead the Stampede when I played on Tuesday, as it provided a lot of card advantage, but not enough to first pick from this pack. Phyrexian Rager can go in any black deck, infect or not, and I have run it as a 41st card in my infect deck from the last release event. The decision I would be making would be between Bonehoard and Viridian Corrupter. Both can go in an infect deck, and probably a non-infect deck too now I think about it. I think the decision would ultimately be Bonehoard, even though it is destroyed by the corrupter, because it can be very powerful, and means I don't have to stick with green if I don't want to. 


So, that's it for me looking through some MBS first picks, next time I write a first pick post will hopefully be for New Phyrexia, and I'll hopefully have a good idea about what cards are good ones to go for. I'm hoping the ones with Phyrexian Mana are as awesome to play with as they look like they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment